Hiking, mountain climbing, cycling, mountain biking, swimming, relaxing and lots more!
Austria's best mountain and cycling experience.
The Kitzbühel Alps tourism region extends for over 1,800 km² from the Wilder Kaiser in the North to the National Park Hohe Tauern in the South. Within this expanse there are 2,500 km of hiking routes, 25 themed routes and 254 mountain huts. The Kitzbühel Alps' real treasure lies in nature with its breath-taking mountain landscape, idyllic lakes and fresh mountain water. Here you will have a "mountain experience" of a special kind. The attraction for cyclists is wide-ranging and varied: with 1,000 km of cycle routes and 800 km of mountain-bike trails there is nothing left to be desired. For those who prefer to reach the summit a bit easier, there is a choice of over 1,000 km of tranquil electric-bicycle routes.
Preserving the many beautiful traditions is of very great importance to the locals: true craftmanship, typical costumes and Tyrolean dishes determine the everyday culture in the Kitzbühel Alps.
Tip - The Kitzbüheler Alpen Sommer Card: free travel with 29 Summer mountain lifts throughout 13 of the Kitzbühel Alps' mountains: this in itself is already enough to convince you to invest in the "Kitzbüheler Alpen Sommer Card". With this card in your pocket, 20 high-altitude hiking trails and seven mountain summits to be conquered all become a lot more approachable, just as the very popular family attractions are, namely the ten mountain adventure worlds on the most beautiful, scenic mountains in Tyrol. These fun and adventure parks, with their interactive stations, at over 1,500 metres altitude in the Kitzbühel Alps present both children and adults with unexpected, surprising impressions.
Activities in Summer:
Adults, children and family programme
- Hiking, mountain biking and cycling in the holiday region WilderKaiser - Brixental and the Kitzbühel Alps
- Leisure Complex "Salvenaland"
- Ellmis Zauberwelt
- Alpinolino Westendorf
- Filzalmsee Hochbrixen
- Reservoir Lake Hohe Salve
- Triassic Park Steinplatte Waidring
- Tierpark (Wildlife Park) Aurach
- Lärchenfischteich (Trout Farm) Hopfgarten
- Penningberg Riding Centre
- Golfing in Westendorf, Reith or Ellmau
- Climbing Park Hopfgarten
- Tandem Parachute Jump
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Visit traditional mountain dairies
- Wild-water rafting and canyoning Scheffau
- Well-known lakes in the locality (Schwarzsee, Hintersteinersee, Achensee)
- Krimmler Waterfalls
- and lots more...
Bad weather programme:
- Wörgl Water World WAVE (with large sauna area)
- Schloss Tratzberg
- Swarovski Kristallwelten (World of Crystal)
- Schwazer Silberbergwerk (Silver Mines)
- Museum Tiroler Bauernhöfe (Tyrolean Farmhouses Museum)
- Bergbauernmuseum (Mountain Farmers Museum) Wildschönau
Well-known towns and cities in close proximity:
- Kitzbühel (22 km)
- Kufstein (24 km)
- Innsbruck (73 km)
- Salzburg (106 km)